£28,000 - £35,000 + Training + Benefits
Are you a Junior Buyer looking for the next step in your career? Maybe you're an experienced Buyer who wants to gain experience in a new filed of procurement?
Working with a global leader in the Technology sector, you will have the opportunity to join a diverse Procurement team, working on a varied range of projects throughout the business.
You will be tasked with Buying a variety of different commodities for sites throughout Europe, from your base in Derry. Everything from biro pens to computer hardware and toilet roll to business services, this is a great opportunity to gain further experience across many disciplines, whilst also building your contact portfolio.
This is initially as 12 month fixed term contract, covering Maternity Leave- however there is always potential for the role to become permanent.
Once fully trained in company policy and procedure, you will have the opportunity to work more flexibly around the core hours of 9am to 3pm.
Alongside a great work/life balance, this company also offer a host of company benefits including; on-site canteen, on-site gym, Professionals Network, Women's Leadership Group and the creative network, which includes a choir, foreign language classes and even a cookery class.
- Ensure compliance of the company Procurement Policy, Directive, Guidelines and local Procurement SOP and laws/regulations from PR to the payment process
- Purchase qualified material & service following approved purchasing requisition at a reasonable cost to assure the supply
- Ensuring cost and delivery targets
- Identify saving opportunities, conduct price comparisons, negotiations and cost-saving programs for assigned categories/commodities
- Communicate actively with the relevant stakeholders
- Evaluate suppliers to monitor and manage their performance to deliver a robust supply chain
- Buying/Purchasing experience (open to background)
- Supplier negotiation experience
- Commercial acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Category-led Procurement experience
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to take the next step in their Procurement career, or for an experienced Buyer who wants to expand their commodity experience!
If you would like to grow your career, then click APPLY NOW!
(procurement, purchasing, buyer, buying, commodity, category, career, development, Londonderry, derry, Limavady, Strabane, omagh, Coleraine)