Senior Business Analyst
Location: United Kingdom, Remote (Based near to Bristol)
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Babcock Corporate Services business. You'll be working with our sectors, functions, and stakeholders across Babcock on high profiled projects to analyse, document and help implement IT solutions and business change. Primarily you'll be working with program and project delivery, along with our sectors and technical teams within the organisation.
This role can be performed from with some travel to Bristol Babcock Hub, includes remote working arrangements and would ideally be suited to someone near Bristol.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to work on IT initiatives, identifying the true business requirements in order to supply and develop IT solutions. You'll be a quick learner with excellent interpretation and problem-solving skills, as well as being adaptable to change in a fast-moving environment.
What will you be doing?
The role involves:
- Taking a Proactive and professional approach in communicating with colleagues and both internal and external stakeholders to drive clear understanding of the project and business needs.
- Working closely with stakeholders, building strong business relationships to gain clear understanding of their processes and needs so as to elicit, capture, validate and prioritise business requirements, recommends options and defines priority.
- Producing documentation to support proposals, solutions and delivery - includes business cases, models and requirements capture and traceability outputs.
- Using business standard analysis methodologies to seek solutions to business problems and support conversations and the development of options with senior stakeholders.
- Leading workshops and facilitate meetings.
- Working with the solution, development, and test teams to perform gap analysis and ensure requirements are met.
The experience you'll bring
You will need experience in a similar business analysis, process improvement role and a degree in IT, Business, Finance, Engineering or similar.
You will also need:
- Strong understanding of and experience with business analysis and process improvement standards and principles (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, BPMN).
- Good familiarity with business process and analysis techniques.
- Experienced in facilitating process and requirements workshops.
- Experience writing requirements in a variety of formats including business requirements documents and Agile epics, features, user stories and developing backlogs.
- Broad understanding of IT solutions and the project lifecycle.
- Experience working with Agile teams in an Agile delivery environment.
- Experience working in a traditional waterfall project delivery environment.
- Experience identifying and managing a large group of stakeholders.
Lastly, you must hold or have ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 24th June 2022