Manpower are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for permenant roles in the following areas -
999 Call Handler (Emergency Medical Dispatcher)
'Ambulance Service, what's your emergency?'
When you ring 999 your call goes through to one of 2 Clinical Hub's based in Exeter and Bristol. Trained Emergency Medical Dispatchers are the first point of contact to the ambulance service for people experiencing a medical emergency. Not every call you deal with will be a matter of life or death but the way you listen, interpret and deal with the calls will make a vital difference to the patients we serve every day. Applicants will need to have the ability to deal with stressful and emotional situations whilst being highly motivated.
We are looking for people to join us who are caring, compassionate and good at communicating.
Particular skills and requirements we are looking for include:
- GCSE Maths and English (Grade C/4 or above), or equivalent. However, if you do not have these qualifications, we're still likely to accept applicants who have significant experience in the care or customer service sector (ideally holding an NVQ or similar in Healthcare, Public Service or Customer Service).
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong administration skills
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- A high level of typing proficiency
- Be prepared to work shifts (24/7 rota providing cover on weekends, nights and bank holidays)
You will be rewarded with excellent pay including overtime pay for night and weekend sifts, great development opportunities and progression.
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE THEN CONTACT US TODAY ON -
TEL : 01179309770
TEXT : 07789262004