Job Title: Document Controller
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job ID: 43757
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Document Controller .
You will perform all Document Control type work in support of winning and delivering large scale process-engineering themed projects for our key markets including marine and offshore liquefied gas transportation/storage and onshore petrochemical with end-customers of major worldwide shipyards and oil majors.
The Document Controller will be reporting to Document Control Team Lead / Senior Document Controller. Also required to liaise with procurement
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams
This role is Hybrid 50/50 home and onsite however can be full time on site if required
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Document Controller that is a strong communicator who is capable of handling multiple projects working to strict deadlines. You need to be highly motivated with strong attention to details
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* The preparation and compilation all documents into an electronic Final Manual (this is the key part)
* The managing of external print sources.
* The preparation, and despatch of Final Manuals as per contract requirements including preparation of CD/DVD presentations of final manuals.
* Expediting suppliers to ensure approval and final documents are received on time.
* Supporting all areas of the documentation department.
* Liaising with other departments including procurement & shipping.
The experience you'll bring
* Adobe experience essential
* Document Control experience in either Technical or Engineering background.
* Fluency in the English language (verbal & written)
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
* Experience with Adobe Acrobat software is desirable.
* You must hold or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.