Job Title: Weapons Systems Engineering Trainer
Location: Lyneham, Wiltshire, SN15 4XX
Compensation: £31,657.00 - £33,951.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43463
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Weapons Systems Engineering Trainer. This is a responsible position where you will be working within the Weapons Department and closely with another instructor. You will prepare and deliver weapons systems engineering and maintenance courses to military and civilian trainees.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an all-rounder who can prioritise work effectively and be able to work well under your own initiative. You will need to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. We will need you to have the ability to coach and mentor students to achieve their best. You will also need to be able to achieve demonstrable CPD towards keeping abreast of changes in technology, and technology-based teaching.
What will you be doing?
As a Weapons Systems Engineering Trainer you will
* Prepare and deliver course modules within the trade training dept, reviewing course material and content to ensure it is up to date and develop and maintain to support equipment and technology advances.
* Prepare relevant training material, including lesson plans, training aids and student course material involving where necessary input from the Media and Graphics Dept.
* Develop and maintain a Continuous Personal Development (CPD) portfolio, ensuring lesson plans and training sessions are up to date with the latest technologies and Equipment.
* Carryout assessment of trainees including creation of written examinations, progress test papers, practical assessments, and exam scenarios as well as continuous assessments. Marking of exam papers, setting and invigilation of exams and assessments.
* Ensure student development through monitoring, feedback, discipline and training interventions.
* Identify student Development needs and collaborate with the learning support team.
The experience you'll bring
* Minimum CGLI City & Guilds Part 3, NVQ L3, Apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance (Machine tools, Precision Engineering, Gunsmith) technical discipline.
* Equivalent military qualifications, gained as Class1 REME Armourer, or similar RN/RAF trade.
* Evidence of Supervisory experience
* Proven experience in a relevant working environment
* IT literate is essential
* Full UK Driving License is desirable
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 23rd June 2022