Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Flexible on location with occasional travel to Bristol
Role Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job ID: SF44512
Babcock Mission Systems is growing, and we need you to lead the delivery of one of our in-service support projects. We have a vacancy for a Project Manager to join the UK Submarine Support & Weapon Launch Products Focus Area and lead the delivery of vital support to the Royal Navy submarine fleet. The role is based in our Ashton site in Bristol and will involve visits to our production and test site in Whetstone, UK (monthly).
Make an Impact
In this role, you will be a key leader in the Focus Area reporting directly to the Focus Area Leader within the Launch and Handling Capability Area of Babcock International. As part of this role, you will be responsible for successfully delivering the project to time, cost and quality. Typical activities of the role include:
- Leading an integrated delivery team to deliver world class performance by means of employee engagement, continuous improvement, and meeting contract performance requirements.
- Managing Customer interfaces and associated stakeholders including identification and monitoring of project risks, planning, and implementing responses
- Upon award of the next 'follow-on' contract, developing a refreshed and robust methodology for project delivery including defining standard project management delivery plans (PMP, schedules, resource forecasts etc.).
- Negotiating solutions with the customer and other stakeholders to deliver the best solution within the project constraints.
- Ensuring accurate and realistic monthly Estimates to Complete (ETCs) are maintained and reported.
- Ensure governance of project delivery through formal stage gates and reviews.
- Ensure accurate record of contractual obligations is maintained and communicated to delivery team and other stakeholders as appropriate.
Who we're looking for
- Collaborate:Win through building partnerships that last
- Make a positive impact:Take responsibility for your part in making a difference.
- Always adapt:Focus on the future, be optimistic about change and keen to learn
- Experience - You be able to demonstrate experience leading the delivery of projects to clients with strict time and cost constraints.
Education and qualifications
- APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) or equivalent.
- Project Risk Management Course is advantageous.
- Qualification in Management and Leadership (such as ILM) is advantageous.
- Full UK driving licence.
Where it all fits in:
Mission Systems forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help Mission Systems to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, Mission Systems employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Leicester, Portsmouth and Ashchurch.
A number of employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within Babcock, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential.
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
- Opportunities to develop your career and progress within Babcock.
- The opportunity to deliver a complex project to support the defence of the UK and our allies.
- Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
Babcock International Group
For more than a century, Babcock has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within four market sectors; Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear. We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
This role is within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group, which delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services to defence and civil customers across the globe. These range from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the armed forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.