I am working on behalf of a fantastic organisation currently recruiting for a Construction Instructor (Multi-skills) in Wales. If you are looking for a new role, are driven and ambition and want a role that offers long term security then please get in touch straight away.
About the role:
To instruct, train, assess and supervise prisoners allocated to your workshop in Construction Skills activities (Carpentry, Painting and Decorating, Tiling and Pathway Construction). The Construction Skills (Multi Skills) is accredited through City & Guilds; therefore, it is essential that the delivery of the course meets the standards and expectations of the awarding body, ensuring prisoners develop their practical and employability skills to help them find sustainable employment upon release and support the reduction of re-offending.
- Deliver high quality training to develop the proficiency of prisoners in the completion of construction multi skill tasks, carrying out assessments and ensuring all aspects of the course meet the standards required by the awarding body and the construction industry standards.
- Work closely with other vocational instructors, assisting in a support mechanism that is essential in ensuring a cohesive approach is taken by all, ensuring the best outcome for our course students and training etc.
- Develop and challenge prisoners working under your supervision to achieve targets set, instilling a work ethic to improve their employability upon release.
- Work closely with other departments e.g. Learning & Skills, Employability, Resettlement, Offender Management and Interventions as required to ensure prisoners' needs are met.
- Must have recent and relevant experience in construction (able to evidence history of working on site through use of a CV and references)
- Must be technically competent in the trades for which they would be delivering (Carpentry, Painting and Decorating, Tiling, Pathways) and / or have experience of providing training (training of labourers etc.)
- Experience in maintaining good customer relationships is essential.
- Experience in a supervisory capacity is desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire course candidates to learn, develop and seek employment.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment
- Set and maintain high standards
- Work as part of a team and under own initiative
- Strive for continuous improvement
- Good organisational and problem-solving skills
- Follow set procedures
In return you will receive:
Salary: £28k with an Education and Training certificate, or £24.5k without it.