Job Title: Teaching and Learning Coach
Location: Hybrid flex role covering Milton Keynes and Reading. 2/3 days out on the road visiting sites - 1 to 2 days remote working from home
Compensation: £30,000 - £32,000, company car + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44397
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as an Apprenticeship Lecturer. You will be responsible for carrying out observations and giving feedback to trainers to help them to develop and learn. You will be working with team to create resources to support training staff and will be working on the apprenticeship programme covering a range of sectors within Civil Training.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an individual who is adaptable and reflective about the way they teach and had the ability to constantly stay up to date with CPD and able to fit in well with the team. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* Carry out all teaching observations across Civil Training
* Implement, monitor and enhance trainer development plans from induction through to ongoing development
* Develop and deliver teacher training and refresher activities
* Support and coach the training teams to be their best and drive for excellence in teaching
* Working with tutors and the management team to deliver tailored support solutions to meet the needs of the individual contracts in a teaching environment
The experience you'll bring
* Good understanding of Ofsted inspection framework
* We will need you to come from an Educational background - further education or apprentices
* Level 4 in education
* Demonstrate excellence in teaching and learning
* Must have a minimum of level two functional skills or equivalent in English and Maths
* Must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS + CBL security clearance and 'SC'.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
* We believe the position you are applying for is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such, should you be invited to interview you will be required to declare all unspent convictions and conditional cautions, and all spent convictions and adult cautions (simple or conditional) that are not 'protected' (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2020); and
* The position you are applying for may involve engaging in regulated activity with children and/or vulnerable adults and it is a criminal offence to apply for this role if you are barred from working with children and/or vulnerable adults. Given the nature of the role, employment is conditional upon a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will include a children's and/or adults' barred list check, and you will be required to provide the necessary identification documents at interview to enable the DBS check to be completed before you commence employment. These identification documents may be different to those required to confirm your right to work in the UK.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 17th June 2022