Job Title: Administration & Planning Manager - up 12 months FTC
Location: Stephenson House, Blantyre, Lanarkshire, G72 0LH. Agile - 1 day per week in the office
Compensation: £35,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Contract
Job ID: SF44540
Babcock Rail have a great opportunity for an Administration & Planning Manager. In this role you will be accountable for managing the planning and administration of all training events and assessments throughout the UK, for internal and external clients, covering all disciplines to ensure Training & Competence meet productivity and efficiency targets.
Who we are looking for?
This role will be suited to someone who has experience of working for a Railway Training provider, as either a Training Administrator or Manager. We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate excellent behaviours and a positive can-do attitude, coupled with exceptional organisation skills, and an keen attention to detail.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include:
* Managing internal and external T&C resources to ensure the delivery of appropriate and cost effective training, assessments and competence solutions to meet the needs of the business, in compliance with laid down industry standards and legislative requirements.
* Managing the planning and resourcing of training and assessments for external clients where management agreements have been reached.
* Ensuring the effective administration of all training and assessments, to include, notification of training, joining instructions, attendance registers, results and certification.
* Developing and implementing improved methods of reporting and monitoring of expiries within IFS system, including the creation of new course codes as required.
* Assisting in maintaining partnerships with customers and suppliers, educational establishments and professional bodies for our mutual benefit.
* Managing the setting up of all training events and assessments and communicating programme information to the client training contacts.
The experience you'll bring
* Experience of working with a Railway Training Provider - ideally
* A sound understanding of Sentinel
* HNC in HR Management/Business Administration - ideally
* Able to organise workload of team, balancing priorities and scheduling resources
* Exercising effective management control, delegating responsibilities as appropriate
* An ability to gather and analyse information, as well as generate potential solutions
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 24th June 2022