Job Title: Environmental Advisor
Location: Blantyre, Scotland, G72 0FT - Agile Worker
Compensation: circa £40,000 + Car Allowance + 27 days holiday + Bank/ Public holidays + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44613
We have a great opportunity for you to join Babcock as an Environmental Advisor. As an Environmental Advisor your role will be to implement the environmental elements of the Babcock Rail compliance management system, including environmental policies, risk assessments, procedures and guidance notes, as well as communicating these to internal and external parties. You will also be responsible for implementing the operational aspects of the companies Sustainability Strategy, focussing activities around the Workplace, Marketplace and Community.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who will be able to drive sustainability and environmental performance forwards within the Babcock Rail Track Renewals Plain Line division, while at the same time ensuring the contracts objectives and targets are met and exceeded within a sustainability and environmental context.
What will you be doing?
Your main duties will include
* Providing specialist advice on sustainability and environmental legislative and contractual compliance for the project.
* Managing the project's Environmental Management Plan, Emergency Response Plan, Environmental Risk Profile and Aspects and Impact registers.
* Developing within the environmental management platform a project specific Environment and Sustainability Threats and Opportunities profile.
* Implementing and continuous improvement of the Babcock Rail compliance management system to the ISO 14001 standard for the site.
* Identification of training needs for internal Colleagues and providing in-house training when and where required.
* Conducting regular internal environmental audits and site based legislative compliance inspections; identifying areas for improvement and non-compliance.
The experience you'll bring
* Hold a Degree (or equivalent) in an Environmental/Engineering discipline
* Hold an IEMA Certificate (Associate level or above)
* Membership to an environmental professional body i.e. IEMA.(Associate or Full) - or working towards
* Environmental Auditing qualification
* Previous experience in a construction or engineering environment would be ideal
* Experience of designing, implementing and/or working with an EMS, certified to ISO 14001
* Demonstrable knowledge of current UK Environmental Legislation.
* Excellent and communication skills (both written and oral)
* Happy to work occasional midweek nights
* Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement - 27 days + bank & public holidays
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 24th June 2022