Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer x2
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Compensation: £37,908 - £46,752+ Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41962
The Nuclear Facility Infrastructure department delivers complex upgrades and modifications to facility assets and infrastructure in support of the Submarine maintenance programme at Devonport Royal Dockyard. The department has a significant forthcoming workload with essential construction and upgrade projects to support the Submarine programme. The projects are diverse and encompass mechanical, electrical and civil elements across the full EPCM lifecycle.
Who we are looking for?
We're looking for proactive, versatile, and engaging Engineers to work within our team at HMNB Devonport, one of the largest naval bases in Western Europe. You will have experience in developing, implementing and maintain the Project structures (WBS/OBS/RBS/CBS). You will ensure alignment between the integrated scheduling toolset and the company's financial and material demand toolset.
What will you be doing?
* Proficient in the process for developing, baselining and monitoring of an integrated schedule to inform the direction of the project.
* Proficient in the process of identifying and scheduling the resources (people/facilities/materials etc.) required to implement the programme.
* Competent in gathering independent evidence that the information from projects and/or programmes is valid and are likely to achieve their aims.
* Competent in the appropriate adoption of specific frameworks and methodologies for the management of integrated schedules and tailoring of these.
* Competent in the systemic identification and analysis of stakeholders, and the planning and conduct of interactions to engage and communicate with them and competent in the organisational and project specific processes, standards and guidelines for the governance of projects, including the process of initiation, review, handover and close out.
The experience you'll bring
* Experience in the management of engineering schedules.
* Primavera P6 Fundamentals
* Ability to lead a team
* Proficient in the application of Project Management Tools and how they are utilised throughout the Project Lifecycle
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Flexible working - Minimum 36 hours per week with flexibility around when these hours are worked
* Agile working location - A blend of working from home/flexible location and on-site support only when required
* Opportunities to develop your career: this role will give you the training, leadership, and Project Controls experience for the next step in Project Management
* Autonomy to perform the role
* The opportunity to make a real impact, partnering on an ambitious culture transformation programme within Nuclear Facilities
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Our Babcock Rewards Platform allows you to choose from a range of benefits that best meet your needs, including: critical illness insurance, travel insurance, healthcare cash plan, dental insurance, childcare vouchers, bike scheme, shopping offers and discounts
* Employee Share Scheme
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 26/06/2022