An exciting opportunity to work for a world-renowned academic facility within the beautiful City Centre of Cambridge. This opportunity would suit anyone who is already of a Senior / Supervisor level or who are wanting to take a step up in their careers and lead from the front.
Senior Food Service Supervisor for one of the most famous academic facilities in the World.
Salary: £25,221 to £27,977 per annum (plus a 4.5% shift allowance paid monthly)
Working Hours: Full Time
25 Days Holiday Pro Rata with the addition of Bank Holidays
- Statutory & bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Travel to work loan
- Access to the College gym and pool
The attributes and skills we are looking for are;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Demonstrate excellent time management and organisational skills.
- The ability to maintain self-discipline, a smart dress code, work as part of a team and maintain interdepartmental liaison.
- Possess an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess good IT skills, including the ability to use email, Microsoft Office and online databases.
- The ability and confidence to effectively lead and supervise staff and manage events.
- Calm personality especially under pressure and capability to deal reliably with problems and challenges as they arise.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of relevant food Hygiene and Health and Safety policies.
Principal Duties & ResponsibilitiesSupervise the delivery of all food and beverage served at all College venues whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant standards, food hygiene and health & safety considerations.Provide support to the Front of House Manager and ensure that any duties required to enable the smooth running of the business are carried out effectively and professionally.Manage, delegate and supervise Food Service Supervisors, Food Service Assistants and casual Catering Assistants within the department so as to promote the achievement of the highest standards in all departmental activities.Provide a continuous management presence throughout the day and evening and fulfil the role of Duty Supervisor when required.Motivate and instil a positive team work ethic with all front of house staff to a level that exceeds minimum requirements.Foster a team based working atmosphere that creates a productive respectful and harmonious workplace.Assist with setting of department targets and objectives, and to strive for their achievement.