Job Title: Welders
Location: Rosyth, Fife, GB, KY11 2YD
Compensation: £30,687.00 + Benefits + Overtime at 1.5 x Salary (Double Time on Bank Holidays)
Role Type: Permanent
Job ID: 39904
This is your opportunity to join us at Babcock International Group in Rosyth as we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams. This is your chance to be involved in an exciting and diverse long term project working within an innovative, complex and an integrated environment.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a number of Welders who hold a recognised welding Apprenticeship to N/SVQ Level 3 as a minimum.
What will you be doing?
As a Welder the main and primary responsibility of your role is to safely perform welding and welding related tasks in a production environment supporting the T31 unit build from piece part creation through to panel manufacture and whole ship build.
You will have to successfully pass a welder test regime as part of the recruitment process.
The experience you'll bring
You will demonstrate previous welding experience, including significant experience of SMAW, GSFCAW, GTAW and SAW welding processes and be comfortable working at heights and in confined spaces.
Would also like you to have experience and an understanding of:
* Arc Air Gouging, grinding and burning
* Previous experience of working with tooling maintenance technical instructions
* Previous experience of working with & IAW welding procedures, and acceptance standards.
* Working within the heavy engineering/marine defence industry would be advantageous
* Basic Visual Inspection and Control of welding consumable knowledge
* Weld defects and causes
* Utilising Work to Risk, COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work.
* You must be a British national and able to be fully Security Check (SC) cleared.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants..
Closing Date: 29th June 2022