Manpower Recruitment have an immediate requirement for a Recycling Operative to work with a prestigious client on the Airport Road. This role is temporary, initially for a two month period.
- Review & adhere to safe systems of work, policies & procedures
- Adhere to a 'clean as you go' approach
- Wear PPE as directed and maintain in good condition
- Decant/empty waste receptacles as required
- Ensure waste streams are segregated properly
- Moving waste receptacles to ensure provision in areas of need
- Coordinate provision of bins, skips and collections by waste contractors
- Ensure adherence to work schedules
- Ensure waste management does not disrupt client operations
- Operate balers & compactors and other equipment (e.g. for cardboard or plastic)
- Promptly report defects of equipment
- Complete check sheets as required
- Maintain good housekeeping of all waste areas (including signage & labelling)
- Support communication & awareness activities as required
- Liaise with site lead to deliver customer satisfaction
- Essential: Full driving license with access to own vehicle
- Capable of manual work
- Licensed forklift operative (counter balance)
- Experience as a waste recycling operative
Has worked at manufacturing facility
- Excellent attendance & timekeeping
- Ability to use own initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Good observational skills with an attention to detail
- Flexible with a "can do" attitude
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 6am to 2.30pm and Friday 6am to 12pm.
Hourly rate of pay £10.17ph. Over time is paid after 40 hours @ time and a half.
Successful candidate must also have a driving licence and access to own car as may need to work at a different site as and when required.