Job Title: Project Engineer Scheduler
Compensation: £ 32,660.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44150
This is an exciting time for the PMO, now sitting under the newly formed Business Support Organisation (BSO) and a recruitment drive is well underway to meet the demands of a very busy Submarine Support Maintenance Programme (SSMP). There are many work streams commencing for both the Vanguard and Astute Class Submarines Deep Maintenance Periods (DMPs), which extend well into the 2030's.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Project Engineer Scheduler who is a forward thinking and enthusiastic individual and looking for a new challenge and next step in your career.
What will you be doing?
* Assist the Scheduling Manager and their team of Senior Schedulers in compiling and producing the project controls and metric reporting packs for the Submarine Support Business Unit, in particular working on the HMS Victorious Deep Maintenance Period.
* Produce, analyse and quality check all project information for reports that are required for Senior Management/Directors meetings.
* Attend scheduling meetings and take actions/minutes alongside the Senior Project Scheduler and stand in as cover as in when required. This will add to their potential development within the Scheduling team.
* As part of the role you will be required to carry out basic training. Further training is also available to allow progression within the scheduling team.
The experience you'll bring
Scheduling experience isn't essential, as long as you're an intelligent and commercially sound individual, have excellent communication skills and have demonstrable sound aptitude, knowledge and use of the Microsoft Office Packages. Inc. Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
* Have basic knowledge of scheduling toolsets and methodologies, schedule management, resource management, consolidated planning in complex situations
* Primavera (P6)
* Microsoft Project
* OnePage Picture
* Working knowledge of the scheduling programs and PEPS
* Basic knowledge of engineering systems
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 20/06/2022