Job Title: 2nd Line Helpdesk
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF41994
This is an opportunity for someone to join our 2nd line service desk team. Working for the Service Desk manager within Digital Solutions you will provide 1st and 2nd level software support primarily for the Maritime CWE environment and associated infrastructure based in Bristol.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an accomplished Application Support Analyst, with experience of Incident management. You'll be adaptable and won't be phased by changing priorities, actively seeking new ideas and techniques to take us forward into the future. Appointment to this post is subject to National Security conditions governed by the Ministry Of Defence. You must be a British born, British national (not dual national) to apply for this role. Please do not submit an application if you cannot meet this requirement.
What will you be doing?
* Incident management - responsible for the receipt, diagnosis and subsequent fixing of faults as supplied by either the Service Desk Manager or directly from users
* Problem Management - Responsible for providing workarounds for users and undertaking root cause analysis
* Contributing to the provision of Service Management reporting requirements
* New account set up, password resets and licence management
* Database manipulation (includes updates, inserts, queries and scripting) on both Oracle and SQL.
* Configuration of new and existing Oracle Webcentre communities
The experience you'll bring
* A recent IT graduate or Application Support Analyst with a minimum of 3 years' experience.
* SQL / Oracle database knowledge
* Familiar with Helpdesk software
* Can use their own discretion in resolving problems within their domain
What a role with Babcock Digital Solutions offers?
* 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holidays
* Pension Plan (up to 8% matched)
* Employee Share plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 27/06/2022