Job Title: Warehouse Technical Surveyor
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh
Compensation: £32,422 + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 42523
This is a great opportunity to play a key role in the provision of Material Inspection and Survey Services, supporting the Warehouse Management Team in the delivery of outcomes and KPI's.
This role is based at Faslane, Helensburgh
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Warehouse Technical Surveyor who will carry out Component Pre-Issue Inspections and Technical Component Surveys on Royal Navy Equipment and adhoc Inspections and Technical Surveys required by MOD Commodity Manager.
What will you be doing?
- Provide technical guidance to internal and external stakeholders
- Conduct technical surveys and inspections of material as required through the issue, receipts and return process
- Maintain accuracy of performance data environment
- Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in a Warehouse Team ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Conduct inspections/surveys for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist the Business Support Manager in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the Section's resource.
The experience you'll bring
- Previous experience of conducting inspection and quality control activities within a warehouse or engineering environment.
- Sound working knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems including the process required for carrying out maintenance, testing, defect rectification and inspection.
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship qualified to SVQ Level 3 or HNC and above in an engineering discipline with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrable experience in reviewing engineering documentation and participation in technical discussions covering many engineering disciplines and specialist subject matters with respect to documentation and equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to effectively manage and prioritise your own workload. Proficient use of MS Office software with well-developed presentation, communication and relationship-building skills.
- Expert knowledge of Maintenance Procedures, Risk, and COSHH assessments and Safe Systems of Work with excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Candidates must demonstrate that they meet and uphold our Purpose and Principles.
- You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- 4.5 day working week
- Pension Plan
- Share Ownership Scheme
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 27th June 2022