Our client are a global freight forwarding company with more than 30 year's experience and a network of world-class partners. We are proud to have been awarded the Deloitte Ireland's Best Managed Company accolade for 13 years in a row, a testimony to our culture of continuous improvement, our investment in our people, and our philosophy of going the extra mile for our customers.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Customs Clearance Agent to join our customs team. You will be part of a newly established team reporting directly to our in-house Customs Experts. You will be responsible for supporting the team in processing all customs shipments documentation and reviewing and resolving customs related queries.
All customs administrative tasks must be completed efficiently and accurately to ensure our first in class service is not impacted. (A level of flexibility will be required in this role, especially whilst developing the team and during periods of training which are expected to be Monday Friday).
Duties and Responsibilities
* Completing and validating documentation
* Updating internal system
* Compliance control
* Liaising with carriers & customers for shipping information & documentation
* Support the freight forwarders in gathering information or other duties
* Import & Export customs entries
* Creating invoices for month end billing for customers
* Completing ISD's (Import Simplified Documents) on behalf of carriers
* Validating ISD's received from carriers
* Compiling Import Simplified ISD's onto Access database
* Declaring End of Month bulk entries
* Complete reporting customer & Revenue
* Assist in follow up Compliance Testing
* Freight Forwarding support
* Interface with Carriers and Information providers to ensure all required information is received.
* Provide completed documentation to Customer
* Assist in Customer documentation testing where applicable.
* Assist in other functions within Operations on a project basis when requested.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Minimum of 6 months in a Freight Forwarding operation
* Have or are working towards a qualification in Customs Clearance (advantage)
* Excellent organisational skills and capable of working at fast pace
* Strong PC Skills such as Excel / Word & PowerPoint
* Excellent level of English Oral and Written is required Skills/Competencies
* Professional and focused approach with a high level to attention and detail
* Attention to analytic and conformance with defined procedures in tight time lines
* Customer focused with desire for strive for excellence
* Positive Can do attitude and highly ambitious approach
* Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
* Increased level of flexibility to meet time lines on reporting
* Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Exceptional Communication skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to