Health and Safety Advisor (H&S Advisor) - Southampton
Do you want to become a key part of the biggest warehouse in Southampton that transports various cargo across the UK, from multi-million-pound cars to chocolate bars?
Seeking a Health and Safety Advisor in Southampton, this company operates an inclusive workplace with a positive culture, they are established and run a successful operation. The importance of this role requires a bold, independent individual who can identify errors without support. Health, Safety, and Security is the most important element to the successful running of this business so you must be confident in doing providing safety advice to different departments.
- Liaise with the Department managers to develop and implement company procedures and processes which are compliant to the relevant legislation.
- Implementation of controls to areas of risk and ensuring these are always adhered too.
- Deliver company inductions covering basic compliance and management systems, including ongoing statutory training and reporting.
- Regular monitoring for health, safety, and environmental compliance, following a strict inspection and audit regime. Communicating the findings to the General Manager and wider organisation.
- Document and Investigate accidents, communication of findings, complete adequate reports and recommend improvements.
- Identification of risks ensuring a safe working environment without risk to health.
- Promoting a positive safety culture, behaviour, and expectations throughout whole supply chain.
- Build positive relationships with all levels of the workforce.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Support and advise the Senior Managers to ensure compliance with customer's requirements and regulations.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits, and checks.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision and establishment of training programmes and health and safety services.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- Liaise with suppliers and ensure adequate supply chain management in relation to H&S.
- Experience in the Health and Safety industry.
- Formal Health and Safety certification or working towards this.
- Adapt communication style to suit all audiences.
- A hard working and positive attitude.
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:30pm
- Salary - £25,000-£32,000 DOE.
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
- NEST pension scheme.
- Employee Benefits Programme (Peninsula)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On site Parking