This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced asbestos laboratory analyst to become the Laboratory Manager at a new facility in Reading. The UKAS status of the laboratory would be the responsibility of the Quality Director.
Our client is a friendly, quality focused and professional company serving some of the most prestigious clients in the UK.
This role would receive the full support from owners, management and the quality team to allow them to work with complete integrity. They provide long term security for all staff based on mutual trust.
Our clients reputation and involvement in the industry has given them long term stability and a very bright future.
- The successful candidate will have been previously authorised as an asbestos bulk analyst in a UKAS accredited laboratory.
- Must hold the BOHS P401 or equivalent.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A high level of professional integrity.
- Excellent work ethic.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Friendly and professional conduct at all times.
- Salary based on experience
- Company pension (via salary exchange to further increase benefit)
- Life insurance scheme
- Staff recognition reward scheme (via manager and peer recognition)
- Childcare vouchers (via salary exchange)
- Loyalty bonus (additional annual leave)
- Paid overtime opportunities
- Overseeing the laboratory operations
- Reporting to the Quality Director
- Line managing a small team of bulk analysts
- Training new recruits and reporting on progress
- Analysing bulk materials for the presence of asbestos
- Following written operating procedures.
- Working to the requirements of HSG 248 ed 2
- Taking part in internal quality control schemes
- Undertaking analysis of AIMS samples
- Recording data observations on a desktop PC.
- Maintaining your working environment.
- Providing administrative assistance