I have a superb opportunity for a Mobile Service Engineer/Technician to work for a National Tool & Access Hire company, based at their Birmingham depot. As a Mobile Service Engineer you'll visit a variety of customer sites within the Midlands carrying out maintenance, repairs and inspections on our powered access machines to a high standard.
About the role:
- You will be responsible for the fault-finding, servicing, repairs and maintenance of a range of powered access equipment within the depot and on customers sites.
- IPAF Qualified is preferred but the chance to gain certification is possible with full training provided.
- Routine service and maintenance of all equipment and products.
- You will be required to complete all relevant supporting paperwork in line with company procedures.
- Carry out refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary.
- Promote teamwork between colleagues across all depots, to ensure delivery of an effective workshop performance.
- Liaise with relevant team members to estimate and advise on equipment repair costs also providing recommendations regarding write off, damage and recharge to customers.
- Ensure the van is fully equipped with spare parts at all times.
- Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto systems and daily worksheets are populated.
- Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
- Adhere to damage process, ensure product damage is highlighted.
- Maintain and ensure maximum productivity in line with company targets.
- Represent the company and values of the business and portray a professional and business-like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Be a key driver in 'Your Safety is our Priority' by leading from the front
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required.
- Relevant general maintenance qualification and proven experience gained within the plant rental sector preferred.
- Experience in plant, diesel engineering, auto electrics, hydraulics and diagnostics/fault finding.
- Have the ability to prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Good interpersonal skills and a good understanding of the importance of excellent customer service.
£27,500 - £30,000 working an on-call rota, Personal Work Van Provided, Fuel card & On-Call Allowance, plus an extensive benefits package & career progression opportunities.