Administrator / Project Support
Babcock - Emergency Services and training
Rainham, East London
12 months FTC with possibility of going permanent
Hybrid / Flexible working
Up to £32,100 per anumm
Babcock has been selected as the Metropolitan Police Service's (Met Police) learning partner, working with a consortium of four London-based universities - Anglia Ruskin University, Brunel University London, University of East London and University of West London - to support the UK's largest police service with the training of its new officer recruits from 2020.
The partnership with the Met Police will last until at least 2028, with a possibility to extend for a further two years, and is set at a maximum contract value of £309 million, dependent on the number of recruits trained under the programme.
Due to this exciting contract win, we are now looking to recruit an Administrator to provide expert administration activities in support of police recruits progressing through their learner journey. Within this role you will be involved with cohort planning and resourcing activities, including the production of schedules and resource plans as well as ensuring student activity is tracked and in line with project timescales..
As well as working on some of the most high-profile projects in the UK we also offer a collaborative working environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
What will you be doing?
- Manage Student administration, including; cohort administration and allocation, enrolment activities, creating detailed nominal rolls, managing Students between cohorts, tracking Students as they progress through the programme and assessments, closing programmes and managing completions
* Booking, administering and tracking Customer and external training to support the students progression through their course
* Supporting Cohort planning and resourcing activities, including the production of schedules and resource plans
* Receive, action and resolve Student and customer queries across a range of Student related areas
The experience you'll bring
You'll be someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally. You'll navigate change easily and solve complex problems with simple and elegant solutions.
- Ability to co-ordinate and resolve issues with various stakeholders, understand excel spreadsheets with basic formulae such as VLOOKUP, COUNTIF, SUMIF
- Have a good attention to detail and understand the implications if the data is not correct within the various spreadsheets and systems.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International
Babcock combines the best commercial practice with the values and principles of the public sector, working with schools and settings, emergency services, local authorities, colleges, government departments and agencies to improve the life chances of all children and young people.
From full turnkey projects, to the management and maintenance of specialist training facilities, Babcock is committed to developing and delivering training solutions which meet the specific and safety-centric needs of our Emergency Services customers. Our understanding of the Emergency Services operational environment, particularly around fire and rescue, means that we can deliver a suitably qualified, competent and safe workforce into your service.
Our long term strategic partnerships enable learners, customers and communities to fulfil their potential through world-class education.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments.