Job Title: Head of Security
Compensation: £ 75,000.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44631
We have two available positions based at Devonport Royal Dockyard.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Head of Security. At this level, the scale and complexity of the business is significant and involves the management of multiple security units, including the delivery of security compliance for high value contracts across multiple locations including business critical infrastructure and assets.
What will you be doing?
* Provide leadership, management and oversight of security personnel colleagues throughout the Group in order to support protective security functions.
* Maintain awareness of evolving global security threats, regulatory, legal and other factors that may affect the security of our people, assets, information and reputation.
* Drive and promote a Group-wide positive security culture through the design and delivery of educational and awareness campaigns.
* Review threat assessments accordingly and ensure that security threats are communicated appropriately throughout the business in a timely manner.
* Provide trusted expert guidance and assurance to business units, leadership teams and the Senior Security Risk Owners.
* Ensure the secure and compliant delivery of contracts to maintain and develop customer relationships and support strategic business growth.
The experience you'll bring
- Significant and broad experience of working in a security leadership role within complex security and safety critical organisations. You will be skilled in aligning security requirements whilst enabling wider business functions.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills and be capable of rapidly building trusted relationships with senior leadership teams across the Group and with internal/external peers and partner organisations.
- Preferably have experience of working in one or more of the following sectors/areas: Defence, HMG, Nuclear, Aviation.
- Preferably be a member of or working towards membership of a recognised professional body such as The Security Institute, Defence Industry Security Association or a member of the Register of Chartered Security Professionals
- Be able to demonstrate a range of formal qualifications and job-related training in security disciplines and be committed to continued personal development.
You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing date: 27/06/2022