Manpower are recruiting for Test Technician's for our client a unique integrated manufacturing company based in Mussleburgh. The role will be to perform functional testing and diagnostics of complex electronic assemblies. Diagnostics to be performed to component level for both prime product and repairs.
Will also be required to keep accurate test records, carry out any maintenance tasks and aid other disciplines to improve overall cost and quality of product.
- Primary duty is to diagnose complex electronic assemblies down to component level on failing products and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform functional testing of electronic assemblies to required contractual, quality and schedule requirements.
Diagnose test equipment related faults.
- Execution of preventative maintenance and calibration plans for test equipment.
Record accurate test records and provide requested yield & failure reports.
- Assist engineering with any on-going investigations / initiatives.
Aid the continual improvement of efficiency in designated test area(s)
- Minimum of HNC in electronics or equivalent
- Must have significant experience with testing and diagnostics of complex analogue and digital electronic assemblies down to component level.
- Proven ability to set up and utilise various types of lab equipment for manual production test and debug purposes.
- Has a good understanding of electronics (including theoretical and practical knowledge of analogue and digital circuitry), able to interpret circuit diagrams and can communicate circuit functionality effectively.
- Can interpret test specifications to carry out manual production test requirements and debug.
- Can work to production schedules without detracting from product quality and any contractual requirements.
- Significant experience and knowledge of various ATE's
- Confident, self-starter who can operate with little supervision
- Ability to communicate at all levels across a range of disciplines
- Flexibility in working hours.