SSC Accounts Payable Assistant
Location: United Kingdom - Remote with occasional travel to our Portsmouth office
Compensation: £21,000 - £24,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for you to work within our Account Payable Team, being responsible for invoice processing, payment runs, support of cash flow forecasts and creditor ledger reconciliations as well as supporting supplier queries and resolution. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and to develop a future career with Babcock International.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Assistant who has the ability to input and process accurately, ensures deadlines and targets are achieved as well as being able to present and explain data clearly & concisely. You'll work well as part of a team, sharing knowledge and associated experiences whilst supporting colleagues and ensuring communication is clear and concise.
What will you be doing?
- Processing invoices and credit notes effectively on behalf of the businesses.
- Reconciliation of key supplier statements and adherence to timetable and sign off Creditor ledger balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring effective, accurate and timely response to queries and resolving exceptions with suppliers and business partners.
- Ensuring Service Level Agreements are met or exceeded.
- Escalating of any issues faced in satisfying the customer demands.
- Providing knowledge of exception reporting in any legacy systems linked to approved team members.
The experience you'll bring
You will need Accounts Payable experience.
You will also need the following:
- SAP experience.
- ISF Experience is desirable.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 12th July 2022 (candidates submitted weekly)