Salary: £32,000 - £37,000 + benefits
As the Marine Systems Support Partner (MSSP) for the Type 45 Destroyers and Queen Elizabeth Aircraft Carriers (QEC), Babcock will provide a range of complex warship support services to UK MoD.
Delivering an agile support package to the newly in service QEC aircraft carriers and Type 45 Destroyers as both classes transition from their build phase, MSSP encompasses engineering assistance, design configuration control, supply chain and inventory management; with Babcock providing safety and Through Life Management advice and guidance as a System Technical Authority.
With the DE&S Common Support Model (CSM) the foundation for all future support to Complex Warships, the MSSP support package reflects the evolving, maturing, support and management strategy for the surface fleet.
The Supplier Code of Conduct sets our guidelines, and other procedures aimed at effectively providing ethical and socially responsible delivery. While we recognise that our suppliers operate in different geographic and economic environments, we expect that products and services are delivered in a way that support Babcock's high standards and contribute to the reputation of Babcock and our customers.
We deliver marine technology solutions to improve our customers complex,safety-critical operation.
Inventory Manager Job Responsibilities:
* Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels.
* Evaluates deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures.
* Analyses daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages.
* Manages schedules of employees, deliveries and shipments to optimize operations.
* Communicates with inventory employees to meet business goals and address personnel issues.
* Develops business relationships with suppliers and clients.
* Proposes strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain.
* Monitors demand and analyses data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs.
* Reports on inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiency and personnel issues to upper management.
* Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory employees.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Inventory Manager Qualifications/Skills:
* Leadership and management
* Verbal and written communication
* Organisational and logistics skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Problem solving
* Data analysis
* Interpersonal ability
* Team oriented
* Proactive critical thinking
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
* Bachelor's or associate's degree in business, logistics, systems engineering, supply chain management or similar
* Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role
* Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies
* Experience conducting tracking and data analysis
* Product and inventory management certification a plus
In return for your skill and passion, you'll get:
* Flexible working
* Autonomy to perform the role.
As well as:
* Holiday entitlement: 25 days, plus bank holidays;
* Pension scheme with employee pension contributions matched up to 8% of salary, with life assurance;
* Employee Share Plan;
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year;
* Professional memberships, personal development training and opportunities;
Where it all fits in:
Defence Systems Technology (DST) forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. Our dynamic and motivated leadership team is committed to an exciting transformation agenda that will help DST to innovate, modernise and create a more people-focussed business that can support our customers' mission. Working across a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, DST employs approximately 1,500 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth, Portsmouth and Ashchurch.
A number of employee networks support and foster diversity and inclusion within Babcock, connecting people across the business and empowering them to achieve their potential. Our Diversity and Inclusion strategy amplifies their influence.
Other need to knows:
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
All applications should be made online.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
Closing date: 20/06/2022