Job Title: Project Assistant - 52 week FTC
Location: Rosyth, Hybrid
Compensation: £23191 - £28824+ Benefits
Role Type: Fixed Term
Job ID: 44614
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Project Assistant on a 52 week fixed term contract.
You will perform a range of admin and clerical duties, deliver commitments to agreed levels of quality, time and to schedule. At this level you will require a thorough understanding of department processes and procedures, undertaking initial investigations into problems, producing statistical summaries. You will work independently, understanding the priorities and deadlines within the department or area, you will commit to work originators delivery times and prioritise your own workload to meet deadlines. You may be required to give instruction to others relating to the work, systems and procedures.
This role requires regular travel to Rosyth alongside remote working arrangements and access to any Babcock Hub
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth we aim to deliver engineering-led and world-leading products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Project Assistant with previous proven experience in a clerical environment.
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Undertake a range of clerical and administrative duties within a department to ensure the smooth running of the department
* Process a wide range of documents and information received from a range of sources, including reconcile records to ensure accuracy of data and the system
* Identify and carry out initial investigation into discrepancies and shortages, involving statistical information, document control or physical stock control
* Collate and extract data and produce routine reports, schedules, summaries and letters for internal circulation or for customers and suppliers
* Build relations with stakeholders, customers and suppliers and exchange information in order to clarify a situation, eg placing orders, arranging appointments, deliveries, etc.
* Verify calculations, check or allocate costs, check & obtain correct authorisation and obtain information for incorrect or incomplete documents
The experience you'll bring
* This is a position for an administrator with a detailed understanding of the systems, processes & procedures and their importance within the general operation of a department.
* At this level the administrator will typically have previous proven experience in a clerical environment.
* You must hold or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 21st June 2022