Job Title: Regional Trainer - Hospitality & Management
Location: United Kingdom - Hybrid working throughout South Wales area, with some travel to the North Wales as required
Compensation: £25,855 rising to £26,396 after probation period + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43298
Babcock International Group are recruiting for a Regional Trainer to join our Apprenticeships business, supporting learners within the Hospitality and Management sector.
This role can be delivered from South wales and offers Hybrid working arrangement. Therefore, this would ideally be suited to someone within or around Swansea, due to the nature of the role expectations, with travel expected to visit learners combined with remote learning.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
You will come from a background in Hospitality Management, where you will have worked as a General, Kitchen or Restaurant Manager with proven experience of managing budgets, health & safety, food promotions, staff training and interviewing. Ideally, this will have come from working with major hospitality companies or pub & restaurant chains, or from owning your own hospitality business.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting a caseload of learners who are currently studying Hospitality and Management apprenticeships and qualifications. Your role will be to provide support, guidance, assessment and monitoring throughout their apprenticeship, from enrolment to completion. You'll manage your own diary and travel plans, managing learners throughout Cardiff, Swansea and the surrounding South Wales areas. There will be some occasional travel to North Wales.
Key duties will include:
- The training, assessment, progression and completion of learners as per the Awarding Body (or Assessment Organisation) code of Practice and Babcock Quality Assurance frameworks. This will be delivered through face to face or group training activity.
- To effectively diary manage to ensure all learners within your caseload are fully supported to meet company and contractual requirements.
The experience you'll bring
- Welsh speaker is desirable
- Level 2 Maths & English is essential
- Relevant industry related qualifications such as HND or NVQ's
- IT literate - familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach and strong work ethic
- Excellent time management skills
- Must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance with Children's Barred List check
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Our solutions range from bespoke, employer-led apprenticeship programmes to pioneering digital simulations and we work closely with all of our customers to reflect their organisational needs. Supporting both private and public sector businesses, a customer focused solution is at the heart of who we are, consistently putting the employer brand at the forefront of programme design.
As one of the UK's largest apprenticeship providers, we offer apprenticeships at multiple levels in engineering with particular expertise in the rail, automotive, nuclear and energy industries as well as the British Army and Emergency Services. We also deliver apprenticeships across retail, hospitality, active leisure, adult care, automotive, business, customer service, early years care and warehousing sectors.
Having delivered apprenticeships for over 20 years we have developed an enviable reputation across the marketplace, delivering high quality solutions for employers and apprentices alike.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.