Our client is one of the world's largest manufacturers of aerostructures for commercial airplanes, defence platforms, and business/regional jets.
Spirit recently acquired Northern Ireland's premier aerospace company and is ramping up its award-winning, composite wing production for an industry-leading, commercial aircraft programme.
While you're on assignment with Spirit, we'll offer an attractive package of pay and benefits including a 36-hour working week, generous holiday allowance, attractive overtime rates and shift allowances. Like many of our current Manpower assignees, who have joined the core Spirit workforce, there may be an opportunity in this role to do the same after some time on assignment.
LOCATION: Various Locations - Operations
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To machine a variety of composite & metallic component parts on a multi-axis CNC machine
- Machine composite & metallic component parts using multi-axis CNC machinery
- Assist engineering with part proveouts and machine alignments
- Ensure finished work conforms to engineering requirements
- Plan the most cost effective method to produce components to drawing requirements
- Perform weekly TPM checks
- Set up cutting tools as per CNC program requirements
- Set up parts as per EPR requirements on programmable actuators and solid fixtures
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that sufficient detail is provided on the application form to demonstrate how the applicant meets essential job criteria, as this alone will be used for vetting purposes.
- Have served a recognised mechanical apprenticeship and have at least 1 year's relevant post apprenticeship machining experience within the last 5 years.
- Have an understanding of CNC programming.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and other related technical documentation.
- Be prepared to work a range of shifts.
An understanding 5-axis machine kinematics would be advantageous.
A knowledge of Siemens 840D / Fanuc controllers would be advantageous.
Annual salary: £27163.24 (pay will rise incrementally to £ 29774.68 within 2 years)