£28k - £32k DOE
Liversedge (WF Poscode)
12 - 18 Month Contract
My client is a global buildings and industrial materials leader. The company is a manufacturer of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. They provide up to date advanced products that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy and labor productivity.
The Logistics Specialist is primarily concerned with internal stock control and storage as well as supporting outbound/customer distribution.
Closely linked with the Planning Professional and Purchasing Specialist on-site, as well as our 3PL Warehouse, FLT drivers & Finance team.
A key part of the role is also to lead a strategic project surrounding an analysis of the Logistics Cost Model on-site (space utilisation).
The ideal candidate needs an inquisitive/investigative root cause mindset (TPM), strong SAP/IT skills, and the ability to engage with both Operators and the NLT/Peers confidently in both the office and on the shopfloor.
- Safety & Quality
- Report all near miss and incidents.
- Utilize the daily management system in conjunction with the incident reporting system to resolve safety incidents.
- Support the site in driving improvements in both S & Q, through BBS and other tools
- Internal Stock Control
- Lead the glass inventory management with the team, including investigating discrepancies
- Manage the WIP & FG inventory
- Drive improvements in our stock management/movements/control
- Outbound/Customer Distribution
- POC for 3PL Warehouse regarding logistics queries
- Improve the OTDP/OTDR customer KPIs
- Supporting the management of logistics contracts
Work with the SC Ldr to eliminate causes of demurrage/additional logistics costs
- This role will grow into supporting the Sourcing and Procurement arena, which may include
- Providing cover for the Purchasing Specialist
- Calling-off materials
- Invoicing queries
- A number of projects will be allocated throughout the year based on the site policy deployment; however, a key element of the role is to assess and suggest how we can improve the utilisation of space on-site, and reduce non-value-added activities.
Minimum of 2 years' experience in Logistics/Warehousing & Stock managementStrong SAP skillsExperience and belief in Continuous Improvement
Knowledge and Skills:
People leadership experience is an advantage but not a requirement.Demonstrates problem solving skills and has desire to strengthen this skill set through OC designed approach.
Strong drive for results - but not at the detriment of others: One Team/One Company ethic must be strong (Fair player/Team player).Ability to organise and prioritise.Works well under pressure - ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong communication skills, verbally and written.
Sensitive to confidential data and integrity.Interested in and quick to learn industrial processes.Demonstrates self-knowledge and acts to continuously improve self.
- Results orientated, highly motivated, and resourceful with a strong service orientation.
- Actively seeks and acts upon feedback from all levels within the organisation.