Job Title: Electrical Calibrator
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh,
Compensation: £ 32,422+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 44411
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Electrical Calibrator
You will be responsible for the calibration, diagnosis and repair of Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE).
This role is based at Faslane, Helensburgh.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an Electrical Calibrator with knowledge of electrical Instrumentation and calibration procedures, theory, techniques and processes
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Achieve successful, timely, completion of work packages, meeting safety and quality standards. (AC17, AC28)
* Ensuring that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost, time and quality requirements. (AC17)
* Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the Instrumentation and Calibration area of the business ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices. (AC17)
* Calibration, adjustment, diagnosis and repair of various types of T&ME
* Production of Calibration Checklists for new models of T&ME and assist in the assessment of new Calibration Procedures
* Completion of Electrical Test & Inspection of relevant departmental electrical equipment
The experience you'll bring
* Strategic Weapon System instrumentation.
* Safe Systems of Work
* Risk Assessments
* Quality Assurance
* Health, Safety & Environment
* Business applications
* You should hold or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
Closing Date: 30th June 2022