Job Title: Training Designer
Location: London - Agile Working (occasional travel to the site closest to your home)
Role Type: Full Time, 52 weeks Fixed Term Contract
Job ID: SF44671
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Training Designer. You will be reporting to the Design and Development Manager, and delivering new design output and curriculum development solutions, for the London Fire Brigade Contract (LFB), to meet customer requirements.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for experienced training designers, who are proactive and strive for excellence in the workplace. Ideally you will have experience in both the design and delivery of the training materials. If you have experience developing curricula this would also be beneficial.
What will you be doing?
The purpose of your role will be to manage, develop and create training for the London Fire Brigade, using a blended learning approach. You will manage 2-3 projects at any one time.
Major tasks include:
- Develop curricula in consultation and collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders
- Manage learning projects from end to end, demonstrating effective project and stakeholder management techniques to ensure projects are delivered on time, to a high-quality standard, and within agreed budgets.
- Create accurate storyboards and proof of concept presentations and communicate relevant and timely information to the stakeholders and subject matter experts in a way that inspires and engages them in the desired learning solution
- Create performance and assessment tools to help demonstrate return on investment and value of learning solutions in relation to capability development
The experience you'll bring
- Experience designing training solutions is essential
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suite (or Articulate Storyline)
- Experience using GOMO is beneficial
- Ideally broader experience of training process i.e. delivery, curriculum development
- Certificate in Education & Training Level 4 (or similar) is desirable
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- Share ownership scheme
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Please visit our website to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.