12 Months Temporary, Full time
£15.42 per hour
An Analytical Scientist is required to support the R&D functions within our client's Decorative Paint Business Area in Slough. Our client is a leading Global Paints and Coatings Company and a major producer of speciality chemicals. The Analytical Scientist will work with internal customers to provide analytical chemistry expertise and experimental results to help achieve their business goals.
- Prepare and test samples by gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography techniques to deliver to agreed target dates.
- Recording all results clearly and accurately, analysing and interpreting data to draw meaningful and relevant conclusions.
- Proactively build good working relationships with customers to ensure they fully understand their objectives.
- Become an active member of MCS, contributing ideas and being involved in implementing them. Working closely with other team members to ensure multi-technique analysis requests are coordinated and timescales agreed.
- Working efficiently and safely, following lab procedures in order to maintain high safety and housekeeping standards.
The Analytical Scientist will have a degree in Chemistry, or a related physical science, MSc or PhD is preferred. Proven skills and knowledge in analytical techniques (including one or more of gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, ultra high-performance liquid chromatography and sample preparation methods), preferably applied to coatings or polymer-based technologies. Understand laboratory Health & Safety and ISO17025 quality standards.