Job Title: Regional Trainer - Retail
Location: United Kingdom - South Wales, Hybrid (Ideally based within reach of Swansea or Cardiff)
Compensation: £25,855 rising to £26,396 after the probation period + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43810
We are currently looking for a Retail expert to join our expanding regional teams of apprenticeship trainers across the UK. If you're passionate about retail, have extensive experience working in the retail sector and would like to pass on your knowledge and experience to deliver apprenticeship training we want to hear from you.
This role can be delivered from South Wales and offers Hybrid working arrangement. Therefore, this would ideally be suited to someone within or around Swansea or Cardiff areas, due to the nature of the role expectations, with travel expected to visit learners combined with remote learning.
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 250 business and is the UK's leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the UK's largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training. We work in partnership with major employers across the Service and Engineering sectors to help develop their people.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with a flexible approach and strong work ethic. You will have good interpersonal and communication skills as well as excellent organisational skills.
What will you be doing?
You'll join our team of regional trainers helping retail employees in sites in your area work towards and complete their apprenticeship programme. Whether you have experience in apprenticeship delivery or not we'll provide all the training and equipment you need, along with a competitive salary.
What the role involves:
* You'll be supporting apprentices undertaking level 2, 3 and 4 apprenticeships. You'll do this through a mixture of remote sessions via webinar or MS teams and face-to-face visits to sites in your area
* Your visits/sessions will include the delivery of teaching and learning using your knowledge, experience and the training we'll give you to support your case load of apprentices
* You'll maintain documentation within our e-portfolio system
* You'll be expected to engage with potential employers and learners and maintain existing client relationships
The experience you'll bring
* Welsh speaker is desirable
* Extensive experience working within the retail industry
* Experience working in a senior/supervisory role
* GCSE A-C in Maths & English or equivalent and good ICT skills
* Excellent organisational skills and a professional demeanour with good interpersonal and communication skills
* A valid driving licence and your own car, with a willingness to travel within your region
* A keen interest in supporting people through their apprenticeship
* Must have or have the ability to obtain enhanced DBS security clearance with Children's Barred List check
Should you be successful and invited to interview you will be required to complete a criminal declaration form. Please note this does not disqualify you from the role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Permanent position, 35 hours a week, which is predominantly Monday to Friday
* Benefits package which includes 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme
* Free, independent employee assistance programme, offering confidential information, support and counselling, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
* All travel expenses paid
* All the training and qualifications you need to become a fully qualified Apprentice Trainer and Assessor
* The opportunity to work flexibly and manage your own diary to support the training needs of your apprentices
* Equipment, including mobile phone and laptop
* An option after 18 months for a company car
About Babcock Training
With a rich history of service excellence, Babcock is a trusted name across the training and apprenticeships market. We have an enviable track record in delivering intelligent and compelling workforce development solutions and are one of the UK's largest and most reputable training providers.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
Closing Date: 29th June 2022