Our client a manufacturer and distributor of a world-leading technology which is revolutionising the recycling of organic waste globally is recruiting for a Installation and Service Technician to cover the Southeast and East Anglia.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated and driven individual who is committed to environmental sustainability and can help them ensure that their customer promise of seamless product installation and operation is fulfilled.
Job Purpose and Background:
One of the key customer value propositions for customers considering using the Waste technology is the seamless delivery and on-going operation of the system. Based in the Southeast/East Anglia and reporting to the UK Operations Manager based in the Northwest of England, the Installation and Service Technician will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, fault-finding, service and maintenance requirements of the waste units that cover the Southeast and East Anglia regions. The Installation and Service Technician will be intimately involved in the key operation aspects of the business to ensure that the necessary after sales support can be delivered in all the markets where the company chooses to operate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the installation, commissioning, fault-finding, service and maintenance requirements for all waste units in the designated regions
- Manage the remote technical troubleshooting of the waste unit fleet in the designated regions and assist with other regions
- Consult with third-party service contractors and component manufacturers where required
- Assist with on-site operational training and facilitate the on-site roll out
- Contribute to the continual improvement of maintenance and operational processes and documentation
- Contribute to continual improvement in Health, Safety and Environment practices
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Level 3 B-TEC in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering (minimum) and Mechanical and/or Fitter experience required
- Fault Finding experience
- Broad understanding of Program Logic Controller and Instrumentation operation and troubleshooting
- Experience with commercial site safe work practices
- Clean Full UK driving license
- Experience with maintenance software systems
- Competent with the Microsoft suite, particularly Excel for data analysis
- Drive and Energy to go above and beyond for the business and customers
- Desire to have a positive impact on the environment
- Self-motivated and able to use initiative in prioritising tasks
- Comfortable interacting with customers on site
- Willing to work flexible hours and to travel when required
- Keen to accept responsibility and accountability
- Professional approach able to represent the company to a high standard
- Great team player with strong inter-personal skills
- Self-driven for progressive and continued learning and development
Hours, Salary and Benefits:
- 5 hours per week. Monday-Thursday 8.30am-5.00pm and Friday 8.30am-2pm.
- Company Vehicle
- Specialised tools and company tablet
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution
- Career advancement
Interested in this permanent role, covering Southeast and East Anglia. Please email or contact me on 07483 340870.