Manpower UK Ltd are recuriting a Lift & Risk Engineer to work for our Public Sector client.
Joining the Estates Team you will be responsible for managing and monitoring effectively the stock of passenger and goods lifts across all sites.
You will ensure compliance, servicing, inspections and repairs are managed to give reliability and expectations are met. You will manage the risk through maintaining a Risk Regiter and conducting assessments in conjuction with others.
- Ensure that statutory inspections are carried out and all actions are logged and followed up to a satisfactory conclusion to ensure the lifts function correctly
- Maintain the Estates risk register highlighting and suggesting control measures to mitigate the risk.
- Ensure the relevant Estates personnel manage their areas of responsibility concerned with the risk register.
- Mange the LOLER elements with regards to the lifts, patient hoists, high low baths, shackles and other items requiring certification.
- Support the team in carrying out compliance issues which will involve, becoming Authorised persons (AP) in more than one discipline.
- Manage and facilitate meetings and priorities works of external contractors where employed on lift contract and others where required.
- Assist with identifying Works Programme and Capital Work requirements. Instigating and manage schemes within works programme and Capital Scheme liaising with Contractors and Service requirements for new works and alterations within area of responsibility and discipline, also attending contractual and progress meetings
- Degree or equivalent level of experience in the specialist areas of engineering through training, experience
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent qualification
- Significant experience within an engineering operational managerial / supervisor position
- Health & Safety at Work Act and other safety legislation
- Driving licence and access to own vehicle
- Excellent communication skills
- Full time hours - 37.5 hours per week
- Weekly pay
- NEST pension
Job type - Temporary
Duration - 6 months with the possibility of it being extended.
Hourly rate - £14.33 - £16.65.
The role offers an immediate start subject to satisfactory references.
Please apply with an up to date CV or for more information call 01656 657231.