Senior Naval Architect
£45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent
Job ID: SF42816
Excellent opportunity on offer for a Senior Naval Architect looking to work as part of our Technical Authority team, where you will work amongst the latest generation of military vessels.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced naval architect, that can work alongside our diverse engineering team. We need someone can work with senior stakeholders to ensure engineering works fit Lloyds standards.
What will you be doing?
* Work directly with Lloyds
* Provide technical support to the warships programme
* Produce technically compliant structural solutions, for acceptance by the relevant authorities.
* Design & validations calculations
* Work with the survey teams and refit support group
* Non-Destructive Examination & Testing
The experience you'll bring
* Significant knowledge of, and experience with structural repair techniques, rules and regulations.
* Experience in technical problem solving
* Experience of survey of hull and structure, and proposing repair plans including maintenance improvements.
* Experience of Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) techniques and limitations.
* An excellent verbal communicator, you will be required to articulate complicated arguments to a wide range of stakeholders.
* To have, or be able to obtain appropriate level of security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Enhanced employment terms and conditions
* Money purchase pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Share ownership scheme
* Occupational health services
* Flexible working hours (only non-industrials)
* Career opportunities, advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams
* Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts
About Babcock International and Devonport
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
You will be based at Devonport Royal Dockyard in Plymouth, Devon. Working at Devonport puts the best of the South West at your fingertips. Amazing scenery, vibrant towns and numerous leisure opportunities - It's why Devon and Cornwall are such a desirable place to live and work.
Comprising of 14 dry docks, four miles of waterfront and 25 tidal berths, Devonport is the base for numerous surface vessels as well as the base and refit centre for the Trafalgar-class nuclear-powered submarines. Devonport has also recently been selected as the base port for the Navy's new Type 26 frigates and will become the maintenance centre for the future submarine programme.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.