Initial Accommodation (IA) Housing Officer
Please be advised that previous Housing Officer experience is required for this role.
Salary: £25,000 to £32,000 depending on experience
Hours of Work: 40 hours p/w. The role involves some out of hours and on call hours which could include weekends and public holidays, to enable us to provide full coverage as we operate 7 days a week 365 days a year.
Benefits: 20 days holiday increasing to 25 days with service, pension, and life insurance.
Job Type: Permanent
Our client is a leading short-term accommodation and support services provider to the public sector who have been successfully providing short term accommodation to central and local government for over 14 years. They pride themselves on providing quality, cost effective and transparent solutions to their customers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
This role involves working from home with daily travel to provide direct support and management to the Service Users. The role requires the Housing Officer to manage own caseload and follow procedures in order meet Key Performance Objectives. The role also involves inspection and management of properties and Hotels used by Service Users (SUs).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supporting the Service User (SU)
- Manage a caseload of Service Users within the current Initial Accommodation estate.
- Support in the Sign-post as necessary to doctors, shops, support agencies, etc
- Conduct regular visits and report any incidents, SU issues, absconders, across the Initial Accommodation estate.
- Arrange any initial transport of SU's to their accommodation or any relocation as required
- Ensure that health and safety of SU's are maintained at all times
- Complete regular welfare checks of the SU's and Initial Accommodation sites.
Managing a property portfolio
- Effect appropriate maintenance of Initial Accommodation properties and Hotels
- Conduct monthly inspections and report defects as required
- Conduct Welfare checks
- Ensure all items within property are replaced /repaired as required in line with inventory procedure
- Make recommendations to line manager regarding any relocation of SU's and termination of properties to provide more efficient use of portfolio/void management
- Ensure the properties are maintained according to Health and Safety guidelines and company procedures
- Ensure stores are maintained in line with purchasing procedure
Previous experience in a similar housing role is necessary and you must also have a valid UK Driving License and your own vehicle to travel to work locations, a fuel allowance is given.
Please note any offer of employment will be subject to a clear DBS check and referencing which will be undertaken by the company.
If interested, please apply ASAP!