Our client is a leading short-term accommodation and support services provider to the public sector who have been successfully providing short term accommodation to central and local government for over 14 years. They pride themselves on providing quality, cost effective and transparent solutions to their customers.
They seek a Property Management Compliance Officer to join the team.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 5pm)
Salary: £23,000.00 - £28,000.00 per annum
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
You will assist in the monitoring and delivery of a comprehensive, professional and dynamic internal audit service to the clients contract. Individually complete internal audits of selected areas of the business and report to Team Leaders and Contract Manager. The audit and compliance piece will assess business processes and risks, recommending and driving through improvements.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Planning and prioritising your diary to ensure property quality assurance visits are completed alongside property inspections and audits. Results to be fed back to the Team Leader. Managing your own personal time to meet business demands with a team of Housing Officers located and operating across the Kent area to ensure the productivity of the team.
- Offering guidance and support to the team of Housing Officers to maintain the standards of their property portfolio and support the accommodated Service Users
- Meeting both your own Key Performance Objectives and actively supporting the team to meet their objectives and meet the requirements of the contract.
- Communicating and liaising with stakeholders and local authority staff and sub-contractors, including the Police, NHS, involved charities and Environmental Health.
- Ensure the team is trained and developed to support the requirements of the contract and to support the successful completion of their role
- Planning and managing personal business objectives in line with the Statement of Requirements (SOR) set out in the contract
- Pursuing personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role
- Individually performing internal audits as assigned as part of compliance with the contract KPI
- Internal audit planning, scoping, fieldwork and reporting
- Attending meetings with management to validate audit findings, and in partnership with the business developing pragmatic and commercial audit recommendations that will mitigate the identified risks
- Communicating the findings from internal audits confidently and articulately to the business
- Providing support to the Property Services department in relation to compliance matters
- Dealing with data processing, service contract administration, supporting with the collation and presentation of KPI's
- Planning and scheduling property standard assessments
- Scheduling post-inspections and pre inspections of properties for planned and emergency dispersals; liaising with contractors to provide essential updates; identifying and escalating obstructions to progress; archiving records and updating systems
- Raising and monitoring property defects in line with expected company standards
- Manage project development from initiation to closure
- Be accountable for project results
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to Team Leader
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
- Work with specialist in house software and Microsoft packages
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Previous housing experience/knowledge at supervisory or management level
- Must have previous people management experience and used to working with a challenging tenant group
- Must have proven experience in Quality Assurance within the construction or housing industry and an in-depth understanding of quality control procedures and relevant legal standards.
- Strong communication skills, in particular the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate at all levels.
- Previous planning and project management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Quality Assurance standards and processes
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Can work well under pressure
- Must be able to travel across a large geographical portfolio on a daily/weekly basis.
- Full, clean driving licence and own vehicle essential
- Membership of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) or similar Quality professional body preferred
- Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) qualification preferred