Job Title: Delivery Manager Afloat x 2
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh,
Compensation: £43,200 - £55,000+ benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: 44410
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Delivery Manager Afloat
You will lead and manage a team of Delivery Co-ordinators to deliver Fleet Engineering work packages identifying and specifying resource demand. Providing a clear interface between the execution of work by the Fleet Engineering team and Fleet Programme Team.
This role is based at Faslane, Helensburgh.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Delivery Manager Afloat that has a broad breadth of knowledge with a good awareness of engineering principles including nuclear engineering; mechanical and electrical engineering systems and equipment; and support functions such as scaffolding and slinging. You should be fully conversant with the business of the Fleet Engineering Department, Competent and experienced in complex Fleet Engineering work packages, procedures and processes.
What will you be doing?
Your key responsibilities will include:
* To lead, develop and direct a team of 50 - 75 employees, including Delivery Co-ordinators and Industrial workers to achieve their part of the project and all operations business performance metrics (Safety, cost, schedule, quality)
* Work with the Fleet Programme Team to define and detail the work required to deliver each activity, therefore the content of each Manageable Task and schedule activities to remove conflicts.
* Work with Fleet Programmes and Delivery Ashore Teams to develop and manage demand profiles for internal resources and external subcontractors to satisfy project requirement and any changes within the project.
* Work with the Delivery (Ashore) Manager and Delivery Co-ordinators to actively promote and manage team development and to manage performance of the Delivery team.
* Apply technical expertise and ensure quality standards are achieved across the project and ensure that Learning From Experience is shared across the Delivery and Fleet Programme teams, through effective team working and/or sharing of resource.
* Demonstrate effective progress reporting and communications for all levels of the project, ensuring Fleet Programmes receive weekly and monthly updates.
* Create and maintain an environment of continuous quality, process improvement and employee participation within their delivery team, with a focus on developing and employing standardised systems and processes throughout and across projects.
* Expected to manage work packages that would cover Nuclear Repair, Mechanical, Electrical, Combat Systems, Shipwrights and fabrication across all surface ships and nuclear powered vessels.
The experience you'll bring
You should have knowledge of the following:
* Nuclear Engineering
* Mechanical and/or Electrical Marine Engineering systems and equipment
* T, A and V Class systems
* Maintenance, diagnosis, repair and replacement of submarine and surface ship systems and equipment, either in-situ or in workshop
* Scaffolding operations
* Slinging and Fleeting operations
* Safe Systems of Work
* Risk Assessments
* 1st level and secondary systems
* Quality Assurance
* Health, Safety & Environment
* Planning processes
* Budget management processes
* Business applications.
* Negotiating and influencing.
* You should hold or have the ability to obtain SC Clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Share Ownership Scheme
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services.
HM Naval Base Clyde is located 6 miles north of Helensburgh in the West of Scotland. We are well placed for commuter links to Glasgow and the wider region, but it is recommended for employees to travel by car due to the location.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 1st July 2022