Infrastructure Cyber Monitoring Analyst
Location: Keynsham, Bristol, GB, BS31 2AT
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Are you a 2nd/3rd Line Infrastructure Analyst looking for a career in Cyber Security?
We have an exciting opportunity for an Infrastructure Cyber Monitoring Analyst to join our Bristol-based team here at Babcock International. In this role you'll be supporting the day-to-day operational cyber monitoring activities, using security tools including Spunk, Cribl, Solarwinds, EPO, Eracent and Tripwire, to monitor alerts/view custom dashboards to keep the hosting environments secure. This is a great opportunity to be part of a valued team and develop a future career with Babcock International.
This role is based at Keynsham, Bristol with occasional travel to other sites to be expected.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a confident individual who will work closely and effectively with the wider MOD Hosted Services IT team, ensuring security patching is kept up to date on core infrastructure hardware, applications and services in line with change control processes.
What will you be doing?
In this role you'll be required to interface with corporate and MOD SOC security teams and provide management reports, as well as answering custom queries related to the security of data centre operations.
What the role involves:
- Undertaking threat monitoring using established security tools including Splunk, Cribl, Solarwinds, McAfee EPO, Eracent and Tripwire; in accordance with established policies and procedures, including providing shift support for cyber monitoring coverage.
- Ensure high levels of security on the supported data centre platforms, including working with 3rd party vendors and wider stakeholders within Babcock and customer SOC/security teams.
- Ensuring the health of all monitoring tools including maintaining a healthy ingestion of logging events into the SIEM and develop and tune toolsets as required.
- Cyber monitoring infrastructure maintenance including configuration, troubleshooting, technical design, upgrade and patching as required. Conducts investigations of operational problems, makes proposals for improvement, and implements them when appropriate using the usual control procedures.
- Conducting internal and supporting external pen testing and vulnerability scans/audits.
- Cyber monitoring enhancements including supporting on projects, integrate SOC tooling, defining system security requirements and supporting the onboarding of new technologies.
The experience you'll bring
This role offers someone Security Training Courses which Babcock will provide, so if you don't hold all the skills but have an aptitude and a desire for a career in Cyber Security then please apply.
- Experience using Windows and/or Linux operating systems, with good IT system administration skills.
- Understanding of applying Cyber monitoring capabilities/tools to hosted applications and to IT systems.
- Experience of network/switch/firewall management & configuration.
- Some knowledge of VMware vSphere/ESX infrastructure knowledge.
- Experience with building, implementing and maintaining cyber security systems and tools.
- Knowledge of patch management of hardware, software and services including Windows, Linux systems/applications.
- Training Courses will be provided
- You must hold or have ability to obtain SC/DV security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 30th June 2022