Senior SOC Analyst
Location: Remote Worker, United Kingdom
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Full Time / Permanent Position
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding team and make your mark in a highly dynamic and evolving Security Operations Centre. Being the escalation point for more junior analysts, you will have a significant amount of autonomy to ensure that the standards set for analysis, documentation, and processes are maintained and improved within the team, and you will also have the opportunity to get involved in numerous SOC projects ranging from automation to forensics to threat hunting. You will also have the opportunity to work with a wide range of security tools and technologies.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Senior SOC Analyst who has a proven track record of delivery in a multi-disciplined environment as well as the ability to demonstrable experience of security related incidents and work requests.
What will you be doing?
* Prioritising the monitoring, analysis and investigation of security events;
* Ensuring that security incidents are managed through all phases of the incident response process through to closure;
* Leading on incident communications ensuring that stakeholders are kept appraised;
* Leading on computer forensic investigations such as examining running processes, identify network connections on a host, examining log data, disk imaging and memory capture;
* Being the escalation point for more junior analysts;
* Delivering ongoing training and mentorship to more junior analysts.
The experience you'll bring
* Familiarity with industry leading security products;
* Strong experience of SIEM toolsets;
* Experience of working within a change control and incident management environment;
* Detailed internet, networking, and computer knowledge;
* Advanced understanding of systems administration;
* Advanced intrusion detection and vulnerability analysis;
* Advanced network analysis tools like network sniffers, (eg. TCPDUMP or Wireshark);
* Advanced network traffic analysis;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Competent at writing SOC processes and procedures;
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC and DV security clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 1st July 2022