Manpower UK are recruiting on behalf of our Environmental Services client for Class 1 and Class 2 drivers to work from their site on Worsley, Manchester.
The successful candidate will undertake the duties of a Technician HGV Class 1 / Class 2 Operative, including high pressure water jetting, clean-up of spills/fly tips, uplifts including Hazardous & non-hazardous waste (ADR advantageous) using available resource and equipment. They are required to operate any Company vehicles / equipment for which they are suitably qualified for.
Working Hours - (Worsley site only)
You are contracted to work a 37.5 hour week, basic hours being 8.00am until 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
In addition, there is a significant requirement/opportunity to be available to satisfy overtime requirements during evenings and weekends.
You will be required to participate in a Standby/call out rota. This rota is set by the depot operations team and activated by the duty manager. If the post holder cannot cover their duties, they must arrange cover and email their line manager and the person covering in good time.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Operate Company vehicles, including HGV's or any other vehicle for which you are suitably qualified to operate.
- Complete daily vehicle checks prior to use.
- Report vehicle defects to supervision as soon as identified.
- Comply with tachograph regulations and reporting in the required manner.
- Securing and cleaning all Company vehicles, equipment and tools
- Ensuring equipment is fit for purpose and used in the correct manner.
- Cleaning spills / fly tips in an efficient, safe, and professional manner.
- Uplifting and offloading product and materials in the correct and compliant manner with high regard for health and safety and correct working practices.
- Complying with Company health and safety policy, including signing on to and operating in accordance with RAMS documentation, wearing correct PPE and accident reporting.
- Submitting digital job sheet reports before leaving site, ensuring customer signatures, photos and details are all collected, including consignment / duty of care documentation.
- Returning hard copy (RAMS, consignment notes) paperwork daily to office where required.
- Ensuring the depot, yard area and associated facilities and vehicles are kept clean and tidy.
- Liaison with customers on site to discuss on-going works and further Company services where possible.
- Liaison with supervision regarding all works and recommending improvements or possible opportunities.
- Any other duties as designated by management for which the post holder is suitably trained and capable.
Knowledge & Experience
- The successful candidate must possess knowledge and experience of completing RAMS documentation.
- Previous experience of operating in a similar role / environment would be highly advantageous.
- A willingness to work in an environment of change, dealing with emergency works is essential.
- Due to the nature of the role and the response duties, a flexible approach to working hours is needed.
- Full UK driving licence
- Must be willing to work away for extended periods when required, including travel, hotel stays and shift working.
- Willingness to undertake additional training as required to meet the needs of the depot.
- Must be a great team member, capable of supporting colleagues in challenging times.
Should you be interested in this opportunity, please forward your CV in the first instance.