SAP PI/PO Integration Consultant
Location: Flexible - Remote Location
Compensation: Up to £70,000 (depending on experience) + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as an SAP PI/PO Integration Consultant. You will be accountable for system design and development activities relating to system integration using SAP technology including PI/PO (and AAE), Cloud Platform Integration (CPI) and BOOMI.
You will be subject matter expert in SAP Integration and data flow technologies providing guidance across the stakeholder community, working within the Applications team to ensure all integrations are fit for purpose and deliver business value.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an experienced and professional individual who can hit the ground running and deliver excellent customer service through delivery of consistent, well documented, configuration of agreed Integration solutions. You will need to be an effective communicator, both verbally and written.
What will you be doing?
As an SAP PI/PO Integration Consultant you will:
- Deliver specific Integration solutions for projects using agreed standards and governance processes
- Control the configuration of all integration solutions and ensure the installation is correctly managed by the 3rd party suppliers where applicable
- Complete 3rd line support issues/problems for Integration services to agreed SLAs
- Ensure solutions feed into operational metrics, scorecards, issue tracking and status reports delivered through the systems integration service
- Ensure any configurations and development work is completed and tested within agreed timescales and delivered to the standard and/or management application agreed with your line manager and change manager
- Ensure functional requirements and designs are agreed with the stakeholder community and delivered in line with IS standards and processes working with the quality and test team to drive up quality
- Ensure consistent application and systems documentation is updated when projects and smaller changes are implemented
The experience you'll bring
You will need a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university or equivalent.
You will also need the following:
- Significant experience in integration development and in using SAP PI/PO
- Experience with developing solutions for ABAP, Java and CPI
- Experience with creating or use of XML schemas for use in performing data mapping
- Knowledge and understanding of SAP core modules: Enterprise Core Component (ECC), SAP/ERP implementation, and interface types (IDOC, RFC calls and ALE)
- Knowledge of AD, LDAP, Federated AD, SSO and security protocols in supporting the configuration of interfaces
- Knowledge and understanding of software development and testing methodologies
- Experience working with Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Message Oriented Middleware (MOM) or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) patterns and applications Skills
Lastly, you will need to satisfy security requirements. This will require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
What a role with Babcock offers?
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
- A tailored personal development and training programme.
- Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 1st July 2022