An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Operations Coordinator to join our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil & Magnum, Will be based between their prestigious facility in Port Sunlight R&D and at MIF (Materials Innovation Factory) L7 3NY. This is a full-time temporary role to start ASAP until End of Dec 2022 working a 37.50-hour week and is paying up to £28,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
The Laboratory Operations Coordinator role provides a range of support services to the Port Sunlight R&D scientific and engineering community. The activities focus on the delivery and continued support of optimised processes and workflow efficiencies to facilitate the scientific programme. The role extends to multi-locations that focus on U/L Home Care and Beauty and Personal Care R&D activities.
At U/L Port Sunlight R&D, we owe much of our success to the efficiency of our organisational processes. To help maintain and grow this standard, we have created a new Operational Excellence Team structure and we are seeking motivated operations coordinators to support the day-to-day activities within the laboratory spaces. As an ideal candidate, you'll have a sharp awareness of laboratory operational requirements to ensure maximum productivity and be skilled in laboratory processes, e.g. formulation, characterisation and performance testing etc.. Additionally, you'll display a proven ability to follow protocols and processes for efficient operations in a laboratory environment. Your ultimate responsibility is to support the Operational Excellence Senior Coordinator to increase our operational efficiency in the U/L R&D facilities in both Port Sunlight and Liverpool.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ DELIVERABLES
- Deliver highest professional standards for the coordination of purchased item requirements across the site. Collate and monitor all items that will be required as 'stock items' to be managed via 3rd party service contract suppliers
- Ensure stock levels of raw materials, consumables and PPE are maintained in core areas
- Act as First Point of Contact for new Purchase Orders and requests for sample raw materials
- Provide LIMS and other relevant training to new laboratory users.
- Deliver front line support to lab/pilot plant users regarding ways of working, set up of facilities and immediate needs/enquiries.
- Deliver to point of use in laboratories materials pick-lists and associated ancillaries as appropriate.
- Coordinate with 3rd party service providers to ensure goods inwards are correctly logged on LIMS
- Maintain raw material and equipment information dossiers e.g. SDS, COAs, equipment passports etc
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years experienced Laboratory/scientific facilities coordinator and/or pilot plant experience.
- Working knowledge of management software programs, including LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Exceptional organisational, time management and project tracking abilities
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient IT skills e.g. Microsoft tools (Excel, Word), VLOOKUPs