Walsall, West Midlands
£45,000 - £55,000
Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF44587
This role requires regular travel to Walsall on a weekly basis alongside remote working arrangements.
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As an HSE Advisor within Vehicle Engineering, you'll have the chance to influence change from a HSE perspective. You'll be part of an international aerospace, defence and security company with a leading naval business that's continually innovating. Our aspirations are big - and you'll make them possible.
Vehicle Engineering is a market-leading manufacturer and converter of armoured vehicles and products. Drawing on over 100 years' experience, we supply and support deployed vehicles worldwide to customers including the police, fire and ambulance services, civil service, and military. Together, we deliver an end-to-end through-life methodology to supply our clients with specialist vehicle conversions.
As one of our HSE Advisors, you will work with the senior management team to implement H&S protocol and procedure. You will apply your practical knowledge to implement real change to the day to day running of the business.
* Previous experience of implementing, maintaining and auditing ISO standards
* Ensure compliance with regulations and controls
* Be able to carry out HSE based investigations
* Able to integrate and maintain SHE management systems
* Strategic risk management experience
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
* 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
* Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
* Opportunities for enhanced overtime
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 4.5% with life assurance
* Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (up to 8 weeks' full pay and 8 weeks' half pay)
* Training and development opportunities
* Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental and financial well-being
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
Our partnerships in defence and emergency services protect communities and save lives. We lead with safety in all that we do and ensure that everyone goes "home safe every day". The work we do is critical and keeps the lights on in the face of destabilising influences. With so much at stake, it's vital we work as one.
Our shared Principles - be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind - guide the way we work. They also inform our drive to secure the planet's future by reaching net-zero carbon.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.