An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Magnum, Solero, Cornetto and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Powder Room Mix Operator, based at Burton upon Trent. This is a full-time temporary role. The 8-hour shifts work over a period from Monday to Friday 08:00am - 16:00pm. There are no night shift or weekend working. The role is paying £10.30 per hour rising to £10.91 after 12 weeks.
Reach Truck Certification desirable, however on-site training will be provided where necessary.
Key Skills and Responsibilities:
- Weighing out of Powders to specific measurements including Batch Qualification for traceability.
- Adherence to / and follow Allergen and Non-Allergen guidelines.
- Handling of Ingredients (Powders, Granulars & Liquids).
- Stock Tracking, Stock Rotation, Material Call Off and Picking Control.
- Ownership of Powder Room and Batch Corridor Hygiene and Sanitation.
- Reach Truck Operation for movement of bulk Ingredients.
- IT Systems User (SAP).
REQUIREMENTS: Must be flexible within pattern of shift work to accommodate factory shutdowns, training courses etc.
ESSENTIAL: Basic mechanical awareness of the principles for factory automation. Can maintain focus and discipline for the task whilst demonstrating good problem-solving skills to protect output targets. IT Skills - Competent in the use of Machine data and control systems that record Material Movement, Losses and Quality. Must also be competent in the use of Microsoft Office; Excel and Word programmes. Ideally will be comfortable completing 2 basic transactions on SAP
PREFERRED / DESIRABLE:
Experience as a Machine Operator in a Food Manufacturing Environment.
Experience of Manufacturing in a Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Company.
Previous experience of operating a Pedestrian Pallet Truck & Reach Truck (additional on-site training will also be provided)