Job Title: Signalling Site Supervisor
Location: Belfast / Derry / Londonderry
Compensation: £36,203 plus Roster Premium / Overtime + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF44961
Be where you matter
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As the Signalling Site Supervisor, you'll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country's rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence, and security company. The future's ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a Signalling Site Supervisor, responsible for the adequate supervision of the workforce on site, ensuring safety, productivity and workmanship meet the necessary standards. Also responsible for the supervision of Babcock employees and contractors, this is the ideal time to join and be part of a valued team, while also developing a future career at Babcock international.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we're growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you're a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there's some incredible opportunities.
As the Signalling Site Supervisor, you will take responsibility for checking, monitoring and reporting on the quality and quantities of installation works, while also ensuring that staff work safely and efficiently. In conjunction with planning and resources, you will allocate and direct the workforce to ensure the most efficient use of resources, agency or subcontractors on site, while also ensuring that all work complies with current quality and group / line standards.
What will you be doing?
* Ensuring productivity and workmanship of staff is of an acceptable standard.
* Ensuring all site operations are carried out safely, and in accordance with standards and relevant legislation, reporting on accidents / near misses as required.
* Assisting in the planning of onsite operations, and future projects, including resource planning and inputting into rosters.
* Ensuring all relevant site records and paperwork are maintained as requested by the Project Team and having an input into preparation of Work Package Plans, Task Briefing Sheet, and RIMINI Sheet.
* Undertaking ES, TSC, and Site Manager duties as required, together with other relevant safety duties / briefs.
* Carrying out / assist in S.M.T.H and SWTH work as required.
* Thorough knowledge of Signalling Equipment
* Thorough knowledge of rules and regulations of railway workings
* Thorough knowledge of Signalling materials and equipment
* Minimum of 5 years S&T work experience
* Ability to lead staff
* Signalling modules SMTH, Mod 3C, Mod 5, be desirable
* PTS / COSS or TSC and PC are desireable
* IT Literate
* Good organisational skills
* Good mechanical skills
* Good electrical knowledge
* Ability to use hand and power tools
* IRSE Licensed or working towards
* Able to drive or willing to learn
* Must be fully flexible to workdays, evenings, nights, and weekends
* Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
What we offer
* Roster premium
* 28 days and Bank Holidays
* Overtime opportunities
* Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
* Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
* Tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Closing date: 30th June 2022