Job Title: HGV Recovery Driver
Location: Rainham, Essex, GB, RM13 8HY
Compensation: Class 1 Driver - £34,700 and Class 2 Driver - £33,500 + Benefits + flexible working
Role Type: Permanent, Full Time (fixed day or night shift)
Job ID: SF39202
You're the key
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As an HGV Recovery Driver with our Metropolitan Police Service (MPS) team, you'll provide a crucial service: transporting vehicles between sites. Join us and you'll be part of an international aerospace, defence and security company with a leading naval business. Our aspirations are big - and you'll make them possible.
Babcock Metropolitan Police Service
Babcock supports the UK's largest police service, the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS). Serving more than eight million people across one of the world's most dynamic and diverse cities, the MPS keeps London safe for everyone.
We service and maintain over 3,500 MPS vehicles from specialist workshops in Rainham, Park Royal and Woolwich.
As an HGV Recovery Driver, you'll provide a crucial service for the MPS, helping their team protect London. Working directly with officers - and a brand new fleet of flatbed recovery trucks - you'll collect and deliver a range of vehicles to police stations, Babcock workshops, dealerships and various London locations. It's high-profile work within a friendly, dedicated team, with a choice of fixed day or night shifts. Our HGV Recovery Drivers enjoy flexible breaks, overtime options, secure parking and consistent working hours.
* Proven experience in a recovery role including experience of driving flatbed recovery trucks
* Ideally Class 1 qualified or Class 2 with no previous disqualifications from driving (DR, CD, DD, IN ORTT99 endorsements will not be accepted).
* Driver qualification card (having completed 35 hours of CPC training)
* The ability to manage your own workload
* You must be able to achieve the appropriate level of Security clearance
What we offer
* 25 days' annual leave plus bank holidays and the ability to buy or sell holiday
* Open to flexible working and alternative work patterns
* Opportunities for enhanced overtime
* Matched contribution pension scheme starting at 4.5% with life assurance
* Enhanced Occupational Sick Pay (Up 20 weeks full pay and 20 weeks half pay, depending on length of service)
* Training and development opportunities
* Wellbeing centre supporting physical, mental and financial well-being
* Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
Our partnerships in defence and emergency services protect communities and save lives. We lead with safety in all that we do and ensure that everyone goes "home safe every day". The work we do is critical and keeps the lights on in the face of destabilising influences. With so much at stake, it's vital we work as one.
Our shared Principles - be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind - guide the way we work. They also inform our drive to secure the planet's future by reaching net-zero carbon.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.