Job Title: Marine Engineering Hydraulic Systems Trainer
Location: HMS Sultan, Gosport, Hampshire, PO12 3BY
Compensation: £31,650.00 - £33,950.00 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF43779
This is your opportunity to join Babcock as a Marine Engineering Hydraulic Systems Trainer. You will be reporting into the Department Training Manager and working in a Team of four trainers to deliver training. You will be training Royal Navy Apprentices who are at the start of their journey in both classroom-based theory and practical training on marine mechanical hydraulics.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a positive individual who is adaptable and reflective about the way they teach and has the ability to constantly stay up to date with CPD. You will also be able to demonstrate knowledge and application of relevant learning theories. You will have excellent communication and organisational skills.
What will you be doing?
As a Marine Engineering Hydraulic Systems Trainer you will
* Train within the Hydraulics Training Area, theoretical and practical technical training on Mechanical Hydraulicsl engineering techniques, complex systems routines, maintenance, diagnostics and repair techniques to the equipment and systems of RN warships and other Navies vessels in accordance with the Training Plan and Sultan Training procedures.
* Act as the Hydraulics Module Responsible Instructor (MRI) and maintain and update training documentation.
* Assess trainee course work and provide feedback on performance
* Be responsible for the duty of care of trainees during the delivery of training.
* Carry out the training equipment maintenance for which suitable qualifications and experience are held.
* Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times direction
The experience you'll bring
* Minimum qualification of Level 3 National Diploma or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline
* Training experience of technical subjects in a military environment and experience of in development of engineering-based training courses desirable but not essential
* A Level 4 Trainer Qualification or equivalent is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
* Proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace.
* Understand H&S legislation as it applies to the training environment
* You will need to satisfy security requirements. This may require you to hold or be eligible/capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance and an enhanced 'DBS'.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* Share ownership scheme
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
For more than a century, Babcock the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click apply to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.
Closing Date: 5th July 2022